4 thin-cut pork chops (1/4-1/2 inch thick) (available at K Bar K Meats)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons
1 TBSP olive oil (available at Texas Olive Ranch)
2 TBSP unsalted butter
8-10 ounces cremini mushrooms cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 large shallot, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
3/4 cup dry Marsala wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 TBSP fresh thyme leaves, chopped
1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1/3 cup heavy cream
1. Season pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour,
shaking off excess.
2. Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until foaming
subsides. Cook pork chops for 3-4 minutes per side, until browned and
centers read 145 degrees F with a meat thermometer. Transfer to a
plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
3. Add shallots and mushrooms to pan with 1/2 tsp kosher salt and 1/4 tsp
freshly ground black pepper. Saute until mushrooms are soft and
beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
4. Stir 2 TBSP flour into the mushroom mixture and cook for 1 minute.
Add Marsala and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, scraping any brown
bits from the bottom of the pan. Add chicken stock and bring to a
boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes, until sauce is slightly
5. Stir in thyme, rosemary, and heavy cream. Season to taste with salt and
6. Add pork cops back to the pan with any accumulated juices and simmer
for 2 minutes.
7. Transfer pork chops to platter and spoon sauce over the top.
8. Serve with mashed potatoes or noodles.